Can i disable logging while Firewall2 builds the firewall rules?
  • From: Jörg Spilker <js@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 11:02:33 +0100
Hi,

is there a way to disable logging with SuSEfirewall2 while the rules are
built? The problem is that my firewall system is not the fasted (P233).
After a dialup, it took up to 10 seconds to activate the firewall.
During this time, i found lots of log messages about dropped/rejected
packets. My script which looks through the log messages to tell me if
something strange happened will mail me this logs entries and i got a
bunch of unnecessary messages every day. This makes it difficult to see
if there was really an attack.

Greetings, Joerg

  • No further messages