Port scans, what do to?!
  • From: "spiekey" <spiekey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:13:26 +0100
Hi Gurus ;P

I see it in a pretty relaxing way when i get log entries from a ip 0.0.0.0 or a scan from someone. I never tried to scan back or something, whats the point?! ( Portsentry is actually banning about one ip a every 2nd day)

Do u usually just irgnore them? Write a mail to your ISP ? How do i know if a boy was pressing a few buttons or if someone seriusly tried to gain access?

Where is the line between script kiddy and attacker?

I would like to hear your opinion about this!

Spiekey
< Previous Next >