Re: [suse-security] Linux machine hangs. (OT)
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:06:12 +0100 (CET)
> What all things one should check if a Linux system hangs? After
> rebooting, there were some bad block messages, but other than that the
> system was pretty much ok ....... but generally what all things should
> one check from a general and security point of view when a system hangs?
I've seen strangest things with linux and defective hardware. This also
seems to be the case with your box. I had a server with a defective
harddisk, which made linux even stop the clock(!), apart from other
strange crashes. If you get bad block messages, this is a very good hint
to start on. Change your HDD. But this is offtopic now

hth
Markus

--
Markus Gaugusch ICQ 11374583 \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign