Re: [suse-security] Webmail access
  • From: <ksemat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 12:02:05 +0300 (EAT)

> attacked could do harm (I would obviously not allow users
> to login to the gateway or on the DMZ host). Is it really
> worth learning a new SMTP MTA (postfix) for what it brings
> that sendmail doesn't have ?

postfix was designed to make it easy for those who are shifting from
sendmail. I was running sendmail for two years and shifting to postfix was
very simple since they tried to reatin as much of the usual sendmail
configuration files as possible though the actual operation is different
and of course there is no complicated sendmail.cf to edit.

Otherwise you can do an ipsec tunnel between the dmz web server and the
mail server and of course use ssl.

Noah.