Re: [suse-security] Entriy in apache log
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 12:04:55 +0100
Hi,

* Bob B wrote on Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 06:00 -0500:
> ok let me ask this first can i just have ipchains on the box without
> changing and routig

"ipchains" is a tool for configuring firewall rules. You don't
need to change the routing table nor the color of the screensaver
:)

> etc that is set now as i wouldnt want to make an major
> overhaul!

Please be really careful with automatic blocking firewall
scripts. Did you tested what happens when a proxy connects? Get
the proxy blocked? What with the other people behind that proxy?
And so on.

Nimda cannot infect Linux via Apache, so you may decide to
ignore it silently :)

[130 lines cut]
Please don't full quote the original mail. Write text under the
text you are citing, and cite intelligently. Maybe you'll find
some time to study the Nettiquette a little. Thank you.

oki,

Steffen