Re: [suse-security] pop3 server
  • From: Ray Dillinger <bear@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:02:35 -0800 (PST)
On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Kurt Seifried wrote:

>If you're gonna bash licenses at least get a clue first.

I apologize if it sounded like I was bashing licenses. I *like*
that there are a bunch of different opensource licenses, and I
like the BSD license as well as the GPL. They're just not the
same, is all.

>Even if it were BSD license how would that affect you?

The distinction between the two is mainly relevant to programmers;
know which distributions like what licenses, and don't mess up by
releasing an improved version of something under a license you
don't have permission to release it under.

> Both have their place.

Agreed. That is a good reason for people to avoid confusing
them with each other.

Ray