Re: [suse-security] sendmail
  • From: Remco Beekmans <mailing@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 10:19:40 +0100
Greetings,

To mine knowledge, CNAME isn't allow for a mailserver ..

http://www.sendmail.org/rfc/1123.html#5.2.2

5.2.2 Canonicalization: RFC-821 Section 3.1

The domain names that a Sender-SMTP sends in MAIL and RCPT
commands MUST have been "canonicalized," i.e., they must be
fully-qualified principal names or domain literals, not
nicknames or domain abbreviations. A canonicalized name either
identifies a host directly or is an MX name; it cannot be a
CNAME.

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 09:51:38 +0100