Re: [suse-security] Firewall2 blocks local internet traffic
>i have the same problem. the only hint i can give is to stop and start
>all instances of
>firewall2 ( init, setup and final ) via ip-up in /etc/ppp.

Well, that (and what followed) makes me assume they had a reason to include
a new ip-up script in their rpm.... if you check the exact name of the
firewall2 rpm (rpm-qa | grep firewall) or something aftzer installing and
have the files listed (rpm -ql SuSEfirewall2-1.7-25) as you probably know,
you see there is a new ip-up in /usr/share/doc/packages/SuSEfirewall2/ip-up
... if you copy that to your /etc/ppp/-directory it will work out just fine.

Thanks alot for your quick answer - it made me suspicious about that new
ip-up!