Re: [suse-security] SuSEfirewall2 v1.2 update information
  • From: Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 13:55:11 +0200
On Son, 01 Jul 2001, Marc Heuse wrote:
> I updated v1.2 to fix some things:

Hi Marc!

Thanks a lot for the work you put into SuSEfirewall2. I have one
question concerning SuSEfirewall(2):

Is it possible to adapt it without major rewriting to a
bridging firewall?

I know there are some objections against bridging firewalls at all,
but due to our situation here at the university we have to use a
bridge.

At the moment we are working with 2.2.19 with bridge/ipchains
patches and our own set of rules. But we want to take
advantage of the more exhaustive knowledge of you security gurus
and use the firewall scripts, either with 2.2.X or 2.4.X.

Best wishes

Norbert

--
ciao
norb

| Norbert Preining http://www.logic.at/people/preining |
| University of Technology Vienna, Austria preining@xxxxxxxx |
| DSA: 0x09C5B094 (RSA: 0xCF1FA165) mail subject: get [DSA|RSA]-key |