Re: [suse-security] Suse firewall script question
  • From: Stefan_Walther@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 11:20:00 +0200

Hi,

I think fw_allow_ping_fw means, that you can ping the firewall. The same I
think is only meant for the firewall. I think you have to masq your pings,
if you want to ping through your firewall to the internet.

MfG.

Stefan Walther
stefan_walther@xxxxxxxxxxxx
dienst.: +4930/89786448
Funk: +49172/3943961

"maillist"
<maillist@inv An: <suse-security@xxxxxxxx>
enit.de> Kopie:
Thema: [suse-security] Suse firewall script question
16.07.2001
11:24

Hello

I´m trying to set up a linux firewall box with 3 network devices. The
first points to the internet gateway, the second to the DMZ(192.168.1.x)
and the third to the internal network(192.168.2.x). I´m using Suse 7.0
and have installed the firewall script and squid proxy server. The squid
runs fine html,ftp works. In the firewall script I have disabled routing
and masquerading. Now I want to ping the internet from my internal
network. But no request gets an answer.

I have set the following options to yes

fw_allow_ping_fw = yes
fw_allow_incoming_highports_udp=yes
fw_allow_fw_traceroute=yes

Referencing to the technical dokumentation these 3 options set to yes
allows the icmp ping to pass the firewall. But it didn´t work :-(
Has anyone an idea?
Thx for any help
Regards
Björn Berger