Re: [suse-security] temp directories /home/tmp /tmp several questions.
  • From: "Nick LeRoy" <nick.leroy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:47:02 +0600
Phil..

> Note: I am not talking about /home/usr/tmp but /tmp and I am thinking it
> would need to be 1.0G right?

As far as the above relating to /tmp: It's a good idea to have a separate /tmp because any user can write to /tmp. If /tmp is part of the root file system, it's very easy for a non-privilged user to fill up your root file system, which is a bad thing (tm).

/tmp does not need to be 1G or anything near that. Depending on my uses, I usually give /tmp ~50m - 100m.

It *should* be cleaned out regularly.

-Nick