Re: [suse-security] tis and ssl
  • From: Peter Nixon <nix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:36:01 +1000
On Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:54:13 +0200
Brina <brina30@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> could anybody help me to solve the following problem:
>
> How is it possible to access secure http sites (https) and use SSL with
> TIS FWTK fwtk 2.x
>
> Do I need to download a seperate modul (ssl-gw)? Or can I do SSL tunneling support
> with plug-gw? What is to consider using plug-gw! I am a newbie and I
> appreciative every tip :-)).
>

> Bye Brina

Hi Brina

This question is most definitely inappropriate for SuSE-Security, you really should try one of TIS's or NAI's mailinglists.
Having said that.
I have not used TIS FWTK for along time, but I do know Gauntlet fairly well, which is based on TIS.
In Gauntlet, although it does have a proxy label as "SSL Proxy" it is infact just a copy of the Plug Proxy. Therefore, I would suggest that you will need to use the Plug Proxy on TIS as well. Assuming that by SSL, you infact mean HTTPS, you simply need to configure a copy of the Plug Proxy to Listen and forward requests on port 443.

If you would prefer to run something with a better (GNU) Liscense than TIS, you might want to take a look at the Obtuse FWTK from http://www.obtuse.com

I Hope that Helps

--

Viel SpaƟ