Re: [suse-security] Online-Update
  • From: Matthias Andree <ma+susesec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 22:04:27 +0200
On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Markus Gaugusch wrote:

> Will the next SuSE version also have an online-update without
> yast2-interface? Or, in other words, like apt-get?

I mirror the relevant directories of the servers with ftpcopy and have a
custom-made Perl script decide which need updating (that predates
autorpm), but autorpm might be an alternative (it can also pull required
updates from an FTP server). However, it's unaware of any SuSE-specific
setup/* files, just uses RPM.