SuSEfirewall2 v1.6 available
  • From: marc@xxxxxxx (Marc Heuse)
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:35:03 +0200 (CEST)
Hi folks!

v1.6 is now available ... anyone with < v1.5 should update from www.suse.de/~marc
Important changes since v1.3 - fully SuSE compliant, FW_SERVICE_SQUID
support, fix of first DNS lookup hang and some misconfiguration checking.

For anyone who installed the v1.3 RPM version: you must copy the ip-up
script from /usr/share/doc/packages/SuSEfirewall2 tp /etc/ppp ...

v1.6 26.07.01 GAMMA
* Added error checking for FW_MASQ_NETS because I got too many reports
of users who told me that the filter rules blocked sites without a
reason just because they set 192.168.0.0/8 instead of 192.168.0.0/24
This wastes too much of my time ...
* Added an additional EXAMPLE with an ipsec setup, also wrote an FAQ
section about that.

v1.5 21.07.01 GAMMA
* Fixed a typo in firewall.rc.config which resulted in an error for
logging. thanks to Lutz.Jaenicke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

v1.4 21.07.01 GAMMA
* Added FW_SERVICE_SQUID to support special squid UDP ports (where
one of them is dynamic ...)
* Fixed a long, long bug which resulted in timeouts for the first
DNS lookup which triggered autodialing
* Changed firewall.rc.config format to be yast compliant
--- the following fixes were done by Kurt for the v1.3 rpm release:
* rcfirewall2 points now to SuSEfirewall_setup
* Many, many spelling fixes!

Greets,
Marc
--