Re: [suse-security] Re: Firewall confusion
  • From: John Bland <shrike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 14:15:59 +0100 (BST)
On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > > Isn't there *any* HOWTO on doing this? Invisible firewalling like this
> > > seems, on the face of it, a neat and simple drop in to an existing
> > > network, but the routing is a nightmare.
>
> Bridging is one way, but requires a third adaptor to do remote management.

Lennert's bridging code allows for the bridge itself to be assigned an ip.
So a two NIC bridge can bridge, firewall and be remote managed.

It does the job for us and is reasonably simple to understand and use.

JB

--
John Bland M.Phys (Hons) AMInstP / \ PhD Student & Sys Admin
Email: j.bland at cmp.liv.ac.uk / \ Condensed Matter Group

< Previous Next >