Re: [suse-security] Local login broken, help!
Le Samedi 28 Juillet 2001 10:36, Dave Emory a écrit :
> I need some guidance to fix a self inflicted problem here. I'm using SuSE
> 6.1 on a machine that is my firewall between the adsl modem and LAN. It
> has the 2.2.14 kernel update, but no lx_suse for that kernel.
>
> While trying to update or install enough packages to be able to compile a
> new kernel, I somehow broke login from the local console (tty). I can,
> however log in using ssh from other machines on the LAN. When I try to
> login on the local console, I get the message "Login incorrect".
>
> Any insites?

is that true for all the users or only root? it may be a pass change or a
miss type

if you have local access to the computer (and the permission to do so) you
can then use a floppy/cd to access your file system and remove the root
password.

jdd

--
<http://www.dodin.net> <mailto:jdanield@xxxxxxxxx>