SSL in SuSE 7.2
  • From: Yuri Robbers <yuri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 02:32:08 +0200 (MEST)

Hi there!

since I installed SuSE 7.2 on my systems, all sorts of connections are
made via SSL. Of course this is a very good idea, and something I
intended, but it also leads to a problem. Many network connections I need
to make fail because the peer is unable to use SSL, and I can't find out
how to turn off SSL on those connections.

I do want to use SSL with machines that are capable of SSL, but I also
need to make non-SSL connections from time to time to get e-mail off an
ancient VAX, to /dcc chat a friend in irc, that sort of thing...

I've been fiddling with openssl.cnf using the accompanying docs, to try
and disable SSL for particular connections but so far to no avail. Can
someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!
Yuri.

Yuri Robbers phone : +31-71-527-4966
Leiden University fax : +31-71-527-4900
Institute for Theoretical Biology email : robbers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kaiserstraat 63
2311 GP Leiden PGP 5.0 public key available:
the Netherlands Check your favourite hkp server.