Re: [suse-security] DNS: BIND vs djbdns
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:57:20 +0200 (CEST)
> Sorry for the error :) I intended to write "crashes" not "crashed". Both
> BIND8 and 9 frequently (at least once in two days) crashes. BIND 4 was
> unsecure, but not so unstable.
I've been running Bind8 for >1 year now and never had any strange
"crashing" problems. And talking about security, chrooting and running as
a non-privileged user seems to be enough for most security leaks, combined
with the openwall patch against (some) buffer overflows you don't have to
worry, I think.

Markus

--
Markus Gaugusch ICQ 11374583 \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign