Re: [suse-security] kernel 2.4: ipchains and ip_masq_ftp
  • From: Stefan_Walther@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 12:59:16 +0200

Hi,

yeh you're right. But I think you should switch to iptables, if you want to
use kernel 2.4.x. Maybe you should use a 2.2.19 if you want to be able to
use ipchains and ip_masq_ftp.

By the way the ftp-connections with iptables and ip_conntrak_ftp works much
better and faster.

MfG.

Stefan Walther
stefan_walther@xxxxxxxxxxxx
dienst.: +4930/89786448
Funk: +49172/3943961

Hi,

what can I do, when I want to run my old ipchains-configuration file on an
2.4 kernel
I can load the ipchains-Module but there is no ip_masq_ftp Module any
longer.

INTERNOLIX AG
Kai Elsner
Network-Administrator