Re: [suse-security] hello there i have some very primitive questions
  • From: Ralf Ronneburger <mai96imm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 11:03:48 +0100 (MEZ)
Hi René,

On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, rene marhold wrote:

> Hi there
>
> whats the best way to protect an whole net with 10 IP-Adresses, without privace them all??
>
> Especially i want to protect some Webservers,
> I dont know how to make the routing and firewalling the net with ipchains
> Is the only way with advanced routig, or is there another way
>
> thx DJMAD

take a look at the SuSE firewall-package. It's easy to configure and
gives you good protection. Deny everything you don't need, disable all
services you don't need and put the webservers into the DMZ. This should
work for now, for more protection read the firewall-howto or the
introduction to firewalls at www.little-idiot.de (in german).
Greetings,

Ralf