AW: [suse-security] Transparent proxy ...
  • Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 15:58:01 +0100

> Hi all!
>
> Here my scenario:
>

> Internet
> |

> PC1: Packet Filtering ---------+
>
> SWITCH------- Internal LAN
> PC2: SQUID Proxy Server ------+
> Mail Server
> DNS caching only server
>
> What I'm trying to configure is a kind of port forwarding from PC1 to
> PC2. Is this possible?
> HTTP, HTTPS, and FTP should be redirected from PC1 to PC2 (e.g. PC1:80
> to PC2:3128)

Be careful. pasv ftp does not work with squid in trans proxy mode.
I don't see where the problem is.
Tell the browsers on your clients in internal LAN that they must access PC2
(your proxy) on port e.g. 8080 (the same with mail and dns), and PC2 will
forward this to PC1 (because PC1 is defined as standard gateway for PC2) and
then to the inet. When PC1 is getting the answer from inet it will forward
it to PC2 (where the request just before came from) and PC2 will answer to
internal LAN PCs.

Or do I missunderstand something?

Pls let me know.

But for this I think trans proxy is definitely no solution.

HTH
Philipp