Re: [suse-security] Transparent proxy ...
  • From: Richard Ems <r.ems.mtg@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 18:44:58 +0100
Hi Frank!

Mi idea was to build a Firewall where PC1 would ONLY do packet filtering
(masq, forw, redir, etc.) and PC2 would do the rest (snmp server, pop server,
proxy server, dns server, etc.) Also the hardware is very different on both
PC's:
PC1: 1 x 700 Mhz, 64 MB RAM, IDE
PC2: 2 x 700 Mhz, 512 MB RAM, SCSI, more disk space than PC1

mmmm, now I'm not so sure ...

What do you think?

Richard