Re: [suse-security] Re: ISDNlog
  • From: <andre.breiler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 18:42:35 +0100 (CET)
On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Richard wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Feb 2001 andre.breiler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Disable isdnlog if you don't need it. You can also change the port.
> > Take a look in /etc/isdn/isdnlog.isdnctrl* and the man page (man isdnlog).
>
> Did as you said and found that the man page was written in English.
> Reason I don't know what to change in /etc/isdnlog.isdnctrl0.options
> is because it's written in German and I only speak English and French.

Oh, I'm sorry. I will try to translate:

> Opened up the file and did the following. Changed........
>
> "daemon=yes" to no

If set to yes isdnlog will be started as daeman and log via syslog if -mX
isn't specified.

> "monitor=yes" to no

If yes Isdnlog will create output as expected by imon/imontty/isdnmon.

> "start=yes" to no

If yes isdnlog will invoke the commands specified on 5th col in file
isdn.conf on different events.

> when I did 'init 1' and then 'init2' the screen froze up on restart of
> the network. Machine wouldn't boot and hung at the point where the
> ISDN drivers start up.

When you look at /sbin/init.d/i4l_hardware you see isdnlog will be
started but it will not detach itself (because daemon=no).
I guess this is the reason for your problem.

I think it's better to disable isdnlog by setting ISDNLOG_START=no in
/etc/rc.config.d/i4l_hardware.rc.config .

Bye Andre'