Re: [suse-security] Firewalls, security scanning, etc.
  • From: "Jason P. Stanford" <rusticitas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:44:54 -0800 (PST)
I'm basically familiar with nmap, for doing basic scans. Are there
any "recipies" (for lack of a better term) that work well for testing?
Or is a basic 'nmap -O -sF -v -v -v -d ...' work fine? Also, does the
scan types -sF, etc make much of a difference (although I assume in a
stateful firewall it could)?

-Jason