Complete mail lost, exploit?
Hi all!

I get a bit paranoid now, this night all mail folders out of ~/Mail
disappeared, 4000 Mails gone away. First I thought of a failure in KMail
that hat destroyed the folders, but some other files in the root folder
disappeared as well. I checked the logs (messages, warn etc), nothing. No
failed logins, nothing to see. I have tcp dumps of the times system was
online, the only thing I found there was a try to get mail from pop3 with a
wrong password, nothing else. I checked the open ports (not so many),
and found "Timbuktu srv4 on tcp port 1420". This service has now disappeard, I
closed every port, rechecked the firewall. I looked for Timbuktu and found
things about remote control for windows nt, so what is this timbuktu on my
SuSE Linux 7 system??? This stuff makes me sick, please can somebody
help.

Regards
Uwe