Incident
  • From: "Raffy" <suse@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 10:15:19 +0100
If I think I have a hacker on my system and I want to check what services
are listening on what ports. Usually I would use lsof or fuser. But I get
the following message:

lsof: kernel symbol address mismatch: get_options
get_kernel_syms() value is 0x108cf8; /boot/System.map value is
0x108d20.
There were 353 additional mismatches.
/boot/System.map and the booted kernel may not be a matched set.

I guess restarting the system would help, but I don't want to do that,
'cause I wanna see if something really happened. Should I use a portscan or
is there anything else I can do to get lsof running?

Thanks

Raffy

  • No further messages