RE: [suse-security] Incident
  • From: Markus Gaugusch <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 12:01:57 +0100 (CET)
> DON'T!! re-install until you have tried every avenue to try and find out
> how he got in, or you might end up spending days configuring your machine
> again, in exactly the same way and have him walk right back in after that.
I said "put it off the net, backup, reinstall". I forgot to say, that
the backup should be used to reconstruct the incident. He also said,
that he was running a vulnerable version of bind. (ok, it may be
something less obvious too, ...)

Markus
--
Markus Gaugusch ICQ 11374583 \ / ASCII Ribbon Campaign