Re: [suse-security] my linux scans its ports on its own...
  • From: Joao Seabra <seabra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 13:24:04 +0000 (WET)

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, Thorsten Schneider wrote:

> Yes, you are right !
>
> If I restart squid this message apperars in the log. But why now and not earlier ?
Maybe you didnt noticed...
I think squid does that by default

> And second: why still cancels squid the loading of pages after a restart ?

I dont know what version of squid you are using,but try to upgrade it to
the latest stable version.Sometimes squid just restarts due to errors
(like weird url's,etc).Thats why your page loading gets canceled.Because
it stops what its doing and you have to send a new request "to the proxy"
(by pressing the reload button ;) ).
Try checking in the squid logs to see why it restarts.
If you get coredump try checking this faq:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.19

Hope this helps

Seabra

AAC