Re: [suse-security] Firewalling
  • From: Andrew McGill <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 10:40:39 +0200 (SAST)
On Feb 8 at 17:14, my computer said Felipe Vilarinho said:

> I'm using a Linux Box working like a Firewall and IP Masquerading to
> distribute the Internet over my LAN with some security. This work fine
> but i want to redirect a private IP of my LAN to a public IP of the
> Internet. I already read IPCHAINS-Howto, IP-MASQUERADING Howto and
> take some doubts and troubles when i use ipmasqadm that make the
> redirect possible. Somebody can help me?
//snip

By example: To redirect a port on gateway to internal pop3 server you can
do this:

insmod ip_masq_portfw
ipmasqadm portfw -f
ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 1.2.3.4 110 -R 192.168.111.111 110

Gotcha: You can't test it from inside the LAN. There's a reason.

&:-)

--
[1]+ Stopped fdformat /dev/cdrom