LDAP authorisation?
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 11:52:59 +0100
Hi,

this is just an idea. We plan to set up some LDAP directory as
addressbook. Maybe it's possible to make user authorisations via
LDAP. I think I've heard abount a "pam_ldap" module. For linux
this could work. Maybe there's some solution for Windows, too,
maybe samba or Win2K.

Can (Open-) LDAP be used as YP replacement? When useing MD5
hashes (shouldn't be a problem, I guess) it would be more secure
than YP.

Does anybody tried such things in practise? Is it stable or
experimental stuff only? Is LDAP itself maybe a security problem?

What are the disadvantages?

oki,

Steffen