Re: [suse-security] What are these?
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:06:34 +0100
* Peter Wiersig wrote on Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 12:09 +0100:
> If you 'A'ppend your rules to your ipchains, the short-circuiting will allow
> packet which matches any other rule with a lower ipchains number (ipchains -L
> -v --line-numbers)
>
> Try to 'I'nsert (rule number 1) them: (ipchains -I input 1 ...)

Of course it's taken of context here. A setup script needs to
remove unwanted entries of course.

Insering rules from a script is not always the best, since the
order is reversed by that.

> > /sbin/ipchains -A input $ALLOWED_OPTIONS -i ppp0 -l -j ACCEPT
>
> Same as above. You will not see any logentries for accepted packets.

You mean: you will not see any logentries for packets accepted by
a rule before that, ain't?

Of course a rule does nothing if it get not hit :)

oki,

Steffen