Re: [suse-security] ssh, kernel updates
  • From: Roman Drahtmueller <draht@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 17:05:34 +0100 (MET)
> >Why not drop ssh and use OpenSSH?
>
> Great idea - just sitting hier at a customer, and saw that on SuSE 6.2
> only the 1.2.27-18 is installed :(

Bad idea. 1.2.27 has been the only secure shell implementation (along with
the newer versions) that was capable of running a backup through an
ssh connection. It's a matter of stability...

We'll have to focus on openssh, though. Maybe, in future releases of the
SuSE-distribution, there will be the official ssh version from f-secure
included (it almost was in 7.1, but I didn't get the written agreement
from the finland folks).

> Joerg Henner.

Roman.
--