Re: [suse-security] ssh, kernel updates
  • From: Andreas Siegert <afx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:14:16 +0100
Quoting Kurt Seifried (listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxx) on Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 11:21:16PM +0100:
> > f-secure ssh is a good idea, I tested it for weeks on a RedHat server as
> stable
> > as ssh even for backups. But as far as I know it doesn't support ssh1.
> > Neither daemon nor client.
>
> You might want to read the license, and then make sure your IT budget has enough
> room to buy F-secure's product.

Hmm,
there are IT organizations that run entirely on Linux. no need to pay for
F-Secure, it is free there.

Then there are IT organizations that needed something stable a year ago, so
they run F-Secure.

And when I connect to them I have to run F-Secure as well, as the blasted keys
of OpenSSH did not work the last time I tried it....

Me thinks shipping both F-Secure and OpenSSH is the way to go. Drop the old
SSH-1.

cheers
afx

--
atsec information security GmbH Phone: +49-89-44249830
Steinstrasse 68 Fax: +49-89-44249831