openssh performance
  • From: Bob Vickers <bobv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 12:29:34 +0000 (GMT)
Roman asked for experience of intensively used OpenSSH. We backup our
Linux boxes to Tru64 servers using a mixture of SSH products and have
experienced no stability problems at all. Every night some data will be
transferred and once a month a few gigabytes will be transferred.

The setup is that an ssh client (1.2.25) on Tru64 is calling an OpenSSH
sshd process on the linux boxes. So I can say that in my experience the
OpenSSH server is rock solid under heavy load.

The OpenSSH clients also work well, but they don't see the same kind of
load.

Bob
Bob Vickers R.Vickers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dept of Computer Science, Royal Holloway, University of London
WWW: http://www.cs.rhul.ac.uk/home/bobv
Phone: +44 1784 443691