vacation program doesnt work anymore because of sendmail security?
  • From: suse@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 11:38:45 +0100
Hi friends,

after changing the righst of my sendmail from

-r-sr-xr-x 1 root root 462412 Sep 6 01:17 /usr/sbin/sendmail

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 462412 Sep 6 01:17 /usr/sbin/sendmail

which is because of security improvement, I cannot use the vacation program
anymore. I did not find a configuration parameter to adjust the used
mailer program in order to change it to a special version of sendmail with
suid set which could at least get the vacation to run.

Any ideas how to get the vacation to run anymore?

Regards,

Rainer

  • No further messages