Re: [suse-security] Firewall/Virusscanner
  • From: "Kurt Seifried" <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 14:12:50 -0700
> Okay, you could install virusscanners on all worstation, but my goal is to
> catch the virus and those damn pokémon BEFORE they can reach the
> workstations.

You should also install viruses software on the workstations because it is
possible for users to get content a central scanner cannot scan (it is
encrypted, comes through a channel it isn't looking at like or a different
one entirely like a floppy disk, etc.).

Trend Micro makes viruswall, which runs on Linux (we use it) one nice thing
it does (that amavis/etc can't do) is scan outgoing emails.

http://www.antivirus.com/products/isvw/
Linux: Red Hat Linux 6.1 or above OR Turbo Linux 6.1J.

It should work on SuSE.

Kurt Seifried, seifried@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SecurityPortal - your focal point for security on the 'net