chroot
  • From: Ralf Koch <info@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 21:02:00 +0100
Hi.

I've just a short question: Does anybody know how secure it is to
chroot users in a small piece of my server tree?

We want users to login via ssh and work on a webserver (test scripts
etc.). They shouldn't see each other even they shouldn't know if they
are on a real server or in a virtual space that seems and behave in
most cases like a server. To point it out: Is there a possibility to
break up the chrooted environment or is it safe to let them login ?

Thanks in advance

*
* Ihr Formel4-Team
* mailto:info@xxxxxxxxxx
*
---
Viren machen auch etwas Nützliches, z.B. Windows löschen.

< Previous Next >