Re: [suse-security] importing users
  • From: Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 09:19:10 +0100
On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 23:22 +0100, Oliver Hensel wrote:

> On Sat, 9 Dec 2000, Robert Casties wrote:
> >
> > For that you can use PAM-SMB which authenticates unix users
> > against a NT-PDC and samba. You will have to twiddle your PAM
> > settings if you have mixed userbases I guess.
>
> But then you have to keep the NT-PDC, which is not what the
> original user wanted, if I remember right.

You can setup Samba as a PDC as well. Been there, done that.
Did it with 2.0.7. Although there are some culprits (It doesn't
cope with a BDC, no matter if it's NT or Samba. And accessing it
from Win2K has some problems IIRC, since MS changes RPC calls
with every version and between the graphical and the textmode
frontends.) But 2.2.0alpha was just released, maybe this aspect
got improved, too?

virtually yours 82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4 61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@xxxxxxx