new updates for SuSEfirewall, harden_suse and seccheck
  • From: marc@xxxxxxx (Marc Heuse)
  • Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 17:48:40 +0100 (CET)
Hi folks!

sorry, I've been away almost continuesly for the last 6 weeks ...
Now I'm back (for two weeks ;-) and fixed the bugs which have been digged up
the last two months. Please test them if you encountered problems with the
old/original versions and report me if they are fine for you or not.
Thank you very much for the many people who reported problems!

as usual, download them from http://www.suse.de/~marc
rpm updates will follow once enough people report me that these version
solved their problems.

SuSEfirewall v4.1 10.12.00 (beta release)
* Added a fix to support splitbrain DNS on the firewall
* I hope I finally fixed that reverse masquerading. Maybe I should
not have included this feature in the first place, because it
creates security holes - people: put your Webservers into a DMZ!
! Note that the hook fw_custom_before_forwardmasq() was renamed to
fw_custom_before_masq !

seccheck v1.6 10.12.00 (gamma release)
* fixed another DOS possbility (thanks to <dynamo@xxxxxxx>)
* fixed a bug in the weekly check where NFS/cdrom mounts were
not excluded in one find query (thanks to kappes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

harden_suse v2.7 10.12.00 (gamma release)
* bugfixes (thanks to stefan.troeger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
v2.6 26.10.00 (public beta)
* important bugfix (thanks to Claus.Klein@xxxxxxxxxxx)
* some minor bugfixes

Greets,
Marc
--
Marc Heuse, SuSE GmbH, Schanzaeckerstr. 10, 90443 Nuernberg
E@mail: marc@xxxxxxx Function: Security Research and Advisory

  • No further messages