Problem with sslwrap
  • From: "Gordon F. Cichon" <gordon@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 01:27:29 +0100
Hi all,

I'd like to set up an encrypted access to imap using ssl.
I installed the sslwrap package of suse 7.0, and installed it according
to the instructions in /usr/share/doc/packages/sslwrap/README.SuSE.

However, if somebody tries to connect, I get an error message in the
syslog:
Dec 10 16:21:39 mango sslwarp[16004]: error: cannot execute
/usr/sbin/sslwarp:
I tried to start the program by hand (/usr/sbin/sslwarp -cert
/usr/ssl/certs/raspberry_internal.pem -port 143 -accept 993), this time
I get a similar error:
> bash: /usr/sbin/sslwarp: No such file or directory
However, if I start the program from within gdb, everything works fine.
(It is an unstripped ELF executable, BTW).

What is wrong with it? Is it my fault? Or is there some memory
uninitialized in this program?

Thanks for your help in advance. :-)

Gordon.