Secure file transfers
  • From: Dany Allard <dallard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:14:35 -0700

I am trying to setup an FTP server that will only accept file from one
ip per customer.

example

customer A ftp's into customer's A account on the ftp server
from ip xxx.xxx.xxx.12
customer B ftp's into customer's B account on the ftp server
from ip xxx.xxx.xxx.10

I want to stop
customer A ftp's into customer B's account on the ftp server from
ip xxx.xxx.xxx.12

I do not want customer A to be able to get to customer B's account.

I can deny access to all machines in the host.deny file and allow only
xxx.xxx.xxx.10 and xxx.xxx.xxx.12
but customer A/B can still get to both accounts?

It is possible to lock this down more?

Thanks in Advance

Dany Allard

P.S. let me know if you need more info