Re: [suse-security] emailing logs (with encryption)
  • From: John Trickey <JTrickey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:39:03 +0000
Hi,

The lowest common denominator for mailing is uuencode so if you set up a pipe

Set up a script with usage "script filename"

LOGFILE=$1
uuencode $LOGFILE < $LOGFILE | mailx -s "Log $LOGFILE" user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

or if pgp works in a pipe (never played with it at that level)

pgp stuff | uuencode ${LOGFILE}.pgp | mailx -s "Log $LOGFILE" user@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Crude but even M$ MUAs will cope with it :-)

John