Re: [suse-security] list moderation, message mangling (was: TIS FWTK)
  • From: Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 18:39:34 +0100
On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 14:32 -0600, Mearl Danner wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:09:58 +0100 Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > Regarding the "marking the list articles with a prefix in the
> > subject" -- there are already nine(!) other pointers in the
> > message header (plus the two in the footer) to recognize that
> > the message belongs to the list. If that's not redundancy,
> > what else is?
>
> None of which the brain-dead email client that I have to use at
> the office will filter on. I'm lucky to get it to work on
> "Subject:"
>
> I can use Subject, from, to, cc, reply-to, in-reply-to,
> recipient, and all. It doen't allow for "and" or "or". Just one
> of the above exclusively. But then again if everyone would put
> the list in the "To" field instead of cc'ing the list it might
> make life a little easier.

How about '"all" contains "X-Mailinglist: suse-security"' then?
This is exactly the "trick" in how to filter with Netscape mail
frontends discussed a few dozen times in several suse lists in
the past few years.

And of course you're free to use any of the other ten occurencies
of "suse-security". But the "X-Mailinglist:" is the one which
got in for this very reason.

virtually yours 82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4 61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@xxxxxxx