Re: [suse-security] Unknown Commands. Crackers?
  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 21:13:11 +0100
* Thomas Biege wrote on Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 08:23 +0100:
> > PROMPT_COMMAND='pwd>&8;kill -STOP $$'
>
> looks like the stuff 'mc' puts into history, when you use
> ^o to change from 'mc' to 'shell' mode.
> nothing to worry about.

We analyzed that on suse-linux (in german language, you may look
at the archives).

The idea is: A command gets executed by the (sub-) shell of mc.
Before the prompt appears the shell writes the current dir (pwd)
in a filedescriptor which is read by mc. So mc knows the
workdirectory of the shell and is able to display it. After that,
the shell stops itself. The mc paints the blue windows. before
the next command the shell will receive a SIGCONT.

Nice idea IMHO :)

oki,

Steffen