Re: [suse-security] list moderation, message mangling (was: TIS FWTK)
  • From: MaD dUCK <madduck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 20:01:48 -0500
also sprach Cliff Friedel (on Wed, 13 Dec 2000 07:45:41PM -0500):
> If you are looking for sheer functionality and don't mind using the
> console, then the pine/procmail combo is the best that I have come across.
> Granted it is archaic, but it really is pretty powerful once you get past
> the lack of GUI.

except pine's folder handling is pretty bad i find. and pine is (a) a
security problem, and (b) very cpu/memory intensive. i am using
procmail to deliver to Maildir folders which I use with mutt, and
mutt's macros and configuration allow me to do whatever i want. and
it's soooo much better than a GUI just because it's fast over SSH. i
have yet to see a GUI mail client (even on windoze) which provides all
the functionality mutt provides...

martin

[greetings from the heart of the sun]# echo madduck@!#:1:s@\@@@.net
--
never underestimate the power of human stupidity.