RE: [suse-security] [OT] Email Clients (was: list moderation, me
  • From: Boris Lorenz <bolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:26:01 +0100 (MET)
On 14-Dec-00 Nix wrote:

>> > If anyone know about an equavelent to Eudora for Linux I would LOVE to
>> > hear about it.
>> >
>> > Kmail and the like just don't cut it... Yet.
>> >
>> > -Nix
>>If you are looking for sheer functionality and don't mind using the
>>console, then the pine/procmail combo is the best that I have come across.
>>Granted it is archaic, but it really is pretty powerful once you get past
>>the lack of GUI.
>>
>>If you are looking for GUI, then I would say that Netscape Mail (when it
>>doesn't catch on fire) or Kmail is about the best there is right now.
>
> Yeah, I have tried all those options, and nothing stacks up to Eudora
> IMHO. the multiple account handling is almost perfect in Eudora...
> And the filters, while possible not quite as powerful as what you can do with
> procmail, are more than powerful enough, and damn easy to setup.

On console I mostly use elm (which really can't be recommended because it lacks
features), but have you tried xfmail? I use it for two years now and have
no problem managing five traffic-intensive mailing lists such as bugtraq,
suse-security and so forth. Xfmail is part of the SuSE distro and comes with
rich features like easy filtering, full pgp support and more.

Just my two cents.

Boris <bolo@xxxxxxx>
---