Re: [suse-security] Trusted Nets/Ports
  • From: Max Lindner <ml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 07:06:04 +0100
Hi Marc!

Mark Robinson schrieb:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to set up a firewall that allows certain hosts in on
> certain ports, e.g. mail/ssh, but I can't see how to configure it as
> tightly as I would like. I've used the FW_TRUSTED_NETS and
> FW_SERVICES_TRUSTED_* and as far as I can see this lets all the listed
> hosts/subnets in on all listed ports. Is this the case? If so, is
> there any way I can say: let only host a in on port x, subnet b in on
> port y etc?
>
> TIA,
> Mark mailto:mcr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AFAIK you must take a look at ipchains itself when you try to make
something like this. There are several good descrpitions and examples in
the web.
If you get along with german, you can take a look at
http://www.home.foni.net/~bmueller/infos/ipchains.html
I know, I can't take that for granted...

Greetings,
Max