ftpd-logging
  • From: "OKDesign oHG Security Webmaster" <security@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 21:06:15 +0200
Hi,
it seemed as if my syslog is only logging when a user sends data to the
server via ftp, but not if he is receiving data from the server.
I tried it out, and whoops, my logfile /var/log/xferlog only logs incoming
transfers.
Well, in /etc/ftpaccess there is configured logging inbound as well as
outbound.
Any ideas what could be the reason ?
And is it possible, to log ANY activities when connecting via ftp ? I mean,
when the user is just looking around in his tree, without downloading or
uploading anything?
Thank you in advance.

--- Stephan