Re: [suse-security] Problems with YaST / Usermanagement
  • From: Steffen Noe <noe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 20:18:52 +0200
Hi Simone,

i have got this problem with SuSE 6.3 too. Sometimes after
YaST was running the nscd was again running.

I simply solved it by deleting the daemon :-/ not nice
but it works :-)

Perhaps it's a problem within the startup scripts?

Simone Grabstein wrote:

> What about NSCD starting up AUTONOMOUSLY?!
>
> I have it explicitly disabled in the /etc/rc.config of
> a 24/7 server of mine, and after a while I find 7
> (SEVEN) instances of /usr/sbin/nscd up and happily
> running!
>
> I've no idea about who or what invokes it. :-(
>
> =====
> =====================
> Dr. Simone Grabstein
> gsimon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> =====================

cheers

--
Steffen M. Noe Darmstadt University of Technology

Webmaster
Institut fuer Soziologie Institut fuer Botanik
Fachbereich 2 Fachbereich 10
Residenzschloss Schnittspahnstrasse 3-5
D-64283 Darmstadt D-64287 Darmstadt

+49 6151 16-6591 +49 6151 16-3239