Antwort: [suse-security] Problems with YaST+sendmail
  • From: andreas.baetz@xxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 11:39:18 +0200
Christian Mudra wrote:

> I experienced problems with YaST and sendmail. Every time I use YaST
> to change the installation (Choose/Install packages), change something
> and leave this submenu back to the main menu, a new sendmail.cf
> is written. When I change something else with YaST, e.g. System
> administration, a warning is written, that sendmail.cf was edited by
hand,
> and _my_ sendmail.cf is not overwritten.

Did you check that SENDMAIL_TYPE="no" is set in
/etc/rc.config.d/sendmail.rc.config ?
Then it shouldn`t touch your sendmail configuration.
Keep in mind that you have to have this file though, since it is read in
/sbin/init.d/sendmail (you need at least the SENDMAIL_ARGS).
Andreas

the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been scanned
for the presence of computer viruses.

  • No further messages